Little Red Rocking Chair Publishing has been helping writers get published since November 2013.
We are an editorial and self-publishing company dedicated to producing quality books for readers of all ages. Our vision is to help new authors share their stories by getting published.
Our team is committed to producing well-written, professionally edited books, while providing authors an outlet for their works. We publish in both eBook and paperback formats, and handle fiction and non fiction—from memoirs, how-to books, cookbooks, and creative non fiction to romance, women’s fiction, chick lit, fantasy, mysteries, suspense thrillers, YA, and children’s books.
Based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Little Red Rocking Chair Publishing was founded by people who love words. And what better way to display them than in books?
Our mission is simple: help writers get published. If that’s your dream, we want to help you produce your work as a high-quality, well-edited book that readers will buy and enjoy.
Maritza Cosano [Editor-in-Chief]
Maritza Cosano founded Little Red Rocking Chair Publishing in the fall of 2013 to broaden her perspective on the publishing industry. She enjoys publishing both literary and commercial fiction as well as nonfiction, and brings to the company experience as a writer, editor, editorial designer and book and magazine publisher.
- Maritza’s career in publishing took root in Miami, Florida, where she completed her BA in English/Screenwriting. She has worked as a writer/editor for a series of newspapers, magazines and film/video production companies. After many years working in publications, she found her “vein of gold” in book publishing. Although her life as a journalist still keeps her rather busy, having founded The Review +, a content creating service that provides news + reviews + interviews for people’s websites, she manages her time well and thrives on working closely with authors and researching the potential market for new books.
- Maritza’s eclectic life experience drives her interests. She appreciates writing that has depth, an introspective voice or that offers wisdom for contemporary living. Having lived in cities such as Madrid, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, and West Palm Beach, she is compelled by urban and multicultural themes and loves settings that are characters unto themselves.
- In fiction, she enjoys publishing literary, commercial, women’s, thrillers, mysteries, romance, children’s and YA with crossover appeal. In nonfiction, she particularly loves voice—or adventure-driven memoirs, how-to-books, cookbooks, and other nonfiction projects that contribute to the well-being of the self or others in addition to niche projects that fill holes in the market, offer a fresh approach, or make her laugh. She also has a soft spot for Christian memoirs that tell the story of Jesus in the life of a believer.
- Recently, Maritza invited her daughter Alexandra to join the Red Team. As an award-winning writer and a remarkable editor with seven years experience in editing, Alexandra has a fresh look of the book publishing industry.
Write to Maritza.
- As Managing Editor, Alexandra evaluates manuscripts, writes and edits flap and marketing copy, and prepares title information sheets and other marketing materials. She also works very closely with authors, and keeps track of the production process from finished manuscript to bound book.
- In 2018, Alexandra earned a Bachelor’s degree in English and Screenwriting from Palm Beach Atlantic University, in West Palm Beach, Florida. She’s currently pursuing her MFA in Book Publishing and Fiction Writing at Emerson College. To date, her TV web script “Thirty Doors Down” has received national recognition, and her collection of poems entitled “On the Cline” was featured at the 2018 Sigma Tau Delta Convention that was held on March 21-24 at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza in Cincinnati, OH. Alexandra’s short stories and poems were published four years in a row in The Living Waters, Palm Beach Atlantic’s Literary Magazine.
Write to Alexandra.